Community Division (Group Instruction)
If you are interested in our COMMUNITY DIVISION (Instrument Explorers for ages 3-6, Singing Stars for ages K-8, Intro to Jazz/Improv for ages 8+, or AIM Instrument Classes for ages 7+), please scroll down for class information and online registration.
Academy Division (Private Instruction)The NJAOM Academy Year is divided into two terms: Fall Semester and Spring Semester. We also offer a Summer Session, which spans July and August.
Our Fall Semester and Spring Semester terms each have 18 weeks of lessons, plus one Make-up Week/Add-on Week.
If you are interested in our ACADEMY DIVISION, the following steps are required prior to taking private lessons at NJAOM:
- We are currently not holding in-person information sessions due to the impact of COVID-19. Please contact us directly to arrange a time to speak over the phone to learn more about our music program.
- Review program information you will receive via email.
- Attend the information session. We kindly request that only parents attend the session.
- If your child is new to the instrument of study, you will then be given a choice of days/times for you and your child to observe a lesson. You will also have an opportunity to observe a Performance Class with children of similar ability playing together. OR
If your child has been playing the instrument of study for at least one year, you will be given a choice of days/times to bring your child for an audition/evaluation by one of our faculty in your child’s instrument of study. You may also have an opportunity to observe a Performance Class with children of similar ability playing together.
- After observation or audition/evaluation, you will be invited to enroll in our program and can schedule lessons with your assigned teacher.
Enrollment for our Summer Session (July 6 - Sept 5) is now open! Contact us to learn about our private lesson program and details for starting lessons this summer. Lesson packages start with 6 lessons up to 9 lessons this summer with flexibility on which weeks you choose to have your lessons.
2020 Community Division - Summer Registration