Community Division (Group Instruction)
If you are interested in our COMMUNITY DIVISION (Pre-Studio Classes for ages 3-6, Singing Stars for ages K-8, Rhythmic Foundations for ages 5-10, Intro to Jazz/Improv for ages 8+, Music Therapy for ages K-12, or AIM Group Violin Instruction for ages 7+), please scroll down for class information and online registration.
Academy Division (Private Instruction)The 2018-2019 Academy Year is divided into two terms: Fall Semester and Spring Semester. We will also offer a Summer Term, which spans July and August.
Our Fall Semester and Spring Semester terms each have 18 weeks of lessons, plus one Make-up Week/Add-on Week.
If you are interested in our ACADEMY DIVISION, the following steps are required prior to taking private lessons at NJAOM:
- Register below for an upcoming information session with one of our directors.
- Review program information you will receive via email.
- Attend the information session. We kindly request that only parents attend the session.
- If your child is new to the instrument of study, you will then be given a choice of days/times for you and your child to observe a lesson. You will also have an opportunity to observe a Performance Class with children of similar ability playing together. OR
If your child has been playing the instrument of study for at least one year, you will be given a choice of days/times to bring your child for an audition/evaluation by one of our faculty in your child’s instrument of study. You may also have an opportunity to observe a Performance Class with children of similar ability playing together.
- After observation or audition/evaluation, you will be invited to enroll in our program and can schedule lessons with your assigned teacher.
Tues April 30, 2019, 7:15 pm-8:00 pm
2018-2019 Community Division - Registration
To enroll in group classes for the 2018-2019 Academy Year:
NOTE: For private lessons, please scroll up and follow the steps provided to attend an information session.
2019 Summer Registration
To enroll in group classes for the 2019 Academy Summer Term:
NOTE: For private lessons as a new student, please scroll up and follow the steps provided to attend an information session.
NOTE: For private lessons as a current student, please enroll through the online portal by logging into your account.