Community Division (Group Instruction)
If you are interested in our COMMUNITY DIVISION (Instrument Explorers for ages 3-6, Singing Stars for ages K-8, Rhythm & Drums for ages 5-10, Intro to Jazz/Improv for ages 8+, Music Therapy for ages K-12, or AIM Instrument Classes for ages 7+), please scroll down for class information and online registration.
Academy Division (Private Instruction)The NJAOM Academy Year is divided into two terms: Fall Semester and Spring Semester. We also offer a Summer Term, which spans July and August.
Our Fall Semester and Spring Semester terms each have 18 weeks of lessons, plus one Make-up Week/Add-on Week.
If you are interested in our ACADEMY DIVISION, the following steps are required prior to taking private lessons at NJAOM:
- Register below for an upcoming information session with one of our directors.
- Review program information you will receive via email.
- Attend the information session. We kindly request that only parents attend the session.
- If your child is new to the instrument of study, you will then be given a choice of days/times for you and your child to observe a lesson. You will also have an opportunity to observe a Performance Class with children of similar ability playing together. OR
If your child has been playing the instrument of study for at least one year, you will be given a choice of days/times to bring your child for an audition/evaluation by one of our faculty in your child’s instrument of study. You may also have an opportunity to observe a Performance Class with children of similar ability playing together.
- After observation or audition/evaluation, you will be invited to enroll in our program and can schedule lessons with your assigned teacher.
Tues Oct 29, 2019, 7:45 pm-8:30 pm
2019-2020 Community Division - Registration
To enroll in group classes for the 2019 Fall Session II:
NOTE: For private lessons, please scroll up and follow the steps provided to attend a parent information session.